From June 1, 2022, the Law "On Protection of Consumer Rights" came into force in Georgia. The law imposes a number of obligations on the business entity, including timely delivery of information, mandatory 2-year warranty on the sold item, obligation to return the item sold online within 14 days, etc.
In case of violation of any of the obligations stipulated by the mentioned law, the customer can apply to the competition agency, and the agency can fine the trader in the amount of 2% of the company's turnover.
In order for businesses to comply with the legislation in order to avoid the risks of being held liable by the Georgian National Competition Agancy, we offer:
- Audit of the activities of the retail sector in order to determine compliance with the legislation on "protection of consumer rights";
- Compilation of warranty service conditions
- Development of exchange-return rules for online trade
- Developing a policy for providing information to users
- Representation of the company and protection of interests in the Georgian National Competition Agancy.
Head of the Legal Department